There are three kinds of people – the introvert, the extrovert, and those who are somewhere in between. Well for the latter two, communication and socializing is never a problem. While the extroverts love to meet and interact with new people, the people in between are doing fairly okay in socializing with their friends, co-workers, and other new guests. However, it is the introverts who face a major problem while socializing with peers. In fact, many of them describe their attempts to mingle as awkward and disastrous.
Here are 8 tips for those who fail to accomplish a successful interaction with their co-workers and to make it non-awkward.
- It is best to avoid work-related conversations with your co-workers, especially with your boss when you are outside your office. Many people think it is a great idea to talk about work and career growth opportunities with their boss if they get a chance to do so outside the office but do not do this.
- Know what to talk when. Moreover, it is best to get to know the person before you start talking politics, favorite musicians, etc. before you start offending the other person.
- Try not to get romantically involved with your co-worker if you know for sure that it will lead to nowhere but just broken hearts. This will only make things worse and create many awkward moments in the future.
- Moreover, do not mix too much alcohol in your relationship with your co-workers. There have been many cases, where too much booze with co-workers, have ended badly.
- Engage in some fun time with your co-workers to break the ice and keep stress at bay. Check out some cool ideas at LoLShop24.
- Further, take part in public activities and CSR activities that your company organizes. These provide the best platforms to interact with your peers in a non-awkward manner.
- Most importantly, do not over socialize. There is a line for everything. Hence, make sure that you do not cross this and make them feel uncomfortable.
- Lastly, limit your gossips. While healthy gossips are acceptable, talking ill about a person behind their backs without even having the facts right can be fatal.